Thread: How are these Claw stats so high?

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    RK

How are these Claw stats so high?

I was browsing through the Hall of Fame heroes and noticed that the HoF Claw had, what appeared to be, a few more stats than mine.

Keeping in mind that our power difference is only 50, and that I have a few more agi/cun vs his stam/will, how the hell do I get his result (+250 more Int to my paltry +60 str advantage). Dude even has more health than me...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NGa3GNf.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	116932
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170721205005_1.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	215.1 KB 
ID:	116930   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170721205020_1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	216.3 KB 
ID:	116931  
    Last edited by Schwimmy; 07-21-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    HC
    I was wondering a similar thing about the mage in the HoF a few weeks ago compared with my mage, here is what seems to be going on:

1. Players in high ranks are ignoring complete sets to put in "raw stat" talents that only comprise portions of sets, like the tier 6 book and the tier 5 call of doom talent in this werewolf build which do not have any other set portions. For this reason the HoF build has six orange talents while your build is running ten.

2. Players in high ranks throw in full sets from the newest red group that they can easily fit in (which grant automatic stat bonuses, such as this werewolf getting bonus stamina from the three shield talents), or talents that have the highest granted stats in their tier, like the level 2 agility medal. Your build is running the "Unstable Defense" set which is great on werewolf, but has awful offensive stats on the tier two item (health) and the tier four item (more health) and the tier five item (health and some damage but not as much as other tier five talents).

3. For high-rank players, the primary attack stat is raised as much as possible by talents, and they seem to raise the secondary attack talent with mastery points so that both INT and STR are as high as possible on champions who use both in combat (mage and werewolf are good examples). The HoF build is getting cunning by accident (from tier 5 Way of Dragon, tier 5 Deathtouch, and the tier four "Agile Mind" talent) while being obsessed with cramming in lots of attack damage, whereas you have used the tier 6 "Cunning Gift" sword in your build for more penetration and less raw attack stats (the HoF players would probably argue that the small rise in penetration % does not match the loss of the tier 6 talent slot, which grant the most potential attack stat improvement).

4. The tier four Agile Mind talent is great because it has high stats in INT and CUN, it has a very useful utility effect that essentially kills enemies if you target it correctly. Both you and the Hall of Fame players are using that talent, and so are most of the rest of the Hall of Fame players on other champions. The HoF players are also constantly including the blink-teleport cloak because it offers the ability to cancel mistakes in map positioning to very efficiently disengage from a fight (like a "redo" if you accidentally run into a group of enemies), it makes tower diving easier so that you can avoid tower-aggro, or it can work as a gap-closer if you are running down a weakened foe. Playing at high rank is difficult because you always have uncertainty about whether you are targeting your skillshot abilities or moving your champion into fight-position correctly since the other team all has teleports and can shift their location, so you (and everyone else) has more doubt and less knowledge of the battlefield conditions (instead of lower ranks where you can run in or shoot at enemies with high-cooldown talents with 100% certainty about how the fight is going to go simply by glancing at the map).

CONCLUSION: by ignoring sets like Unstable Defense the HoF players are more effective damage-dealers in skirmishes, but they also lose utility and well-roundedness in their champions. Instead of relying on their own heroes to fill every role to a small extent, they are essentially relying on their teammates to do heavy crowd control, tank towers during long teamfights, or use powerful multi-tier activated talents while instead they just cram random 'stat-talents' in their builds for bonus skirmish damage. Having reliable friends or teammates or clanmates to play with is an advantage not possessed by most players. These HoF players might get punished for doing this build strategy if Nival rebalances activated talent sets to be more powerful in future patches (so that they will have wasted resources leveling up random crap for the passive stat bonuses) or Nival releases new red sets in the future that force them to discard these talents to free slots up (they get to be the most powerful for a few months, but those who waited without replacing their orange talents will have more crystals or $ to dedicate to the eventual release of the red versions of the best orange talents that gain strength over time/kills).
    Last edited by Eserine; 07-26-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -ExD-
    I will just mention one thing. My friend spent his gold to make the exact same build in the hall of fame and the stats did not add up the same. So I think its reasonable to say the stats in the hall of fame are inaccurate.

The builds you see are still great recommendations for players that want to use those heroes ^-^

I thought the same as Eserine at first but afterwards it doesn't explain how my friend was missing out on a 120+ str on his build compared to the hall of fame one
    Last edited by -Vanity-; 07-26-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    Click the links for Primeworld content! Hit the Follow/Subscribe buttons for more! Thx!
    {Twitch Channel} - {Youtube Channel}

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    HC
    Thanks for the insights Vanity, that sort of worries me because if your friend is serious then either

A. The Hall of Fame is broken and not showing the correct values
    B. The Hall of Fame is showing correct values and the top players have found a glitch or hack to get more stats
    C. Nival is granting top players of each champion "bonus stats" as a reward without telling players?

Please disregard my past discussion of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq1tN9jZI80 ! :P

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    2ez
    Is it possible that the buffs from alliance building at lvl36 are also counted in? (if so, it could explain a lot)

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    RK
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFriend View Post
    Is it possible that the buffs from alliance building at lvl36 are also counted in? (if so, it could explain a lot)
    The clan I'm with is lvl 34, I doubt those tow levels make a difference of +300.