Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Advice on Choosing a Hero

1.   Click here to go to the previous staff post in this thread. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1
    ex-Nival
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -

Question Advice on Choosing a Hero

Hello Lords and Ladies,
    as you already know, I am new to this game and want to hear yout advice on choosing a hero that suits my playstyle.
    I dont like constatly being in the middle of battle, dealing massive damage and tanking. I would rather prefer staying behind the lines and helping my allies from distance.

So far, my preferences are as follows:

1) A support hero that can be really helpful for his teammates by casting healing and buff spells.

2) A necromancer type hero OR Summoner/Debuffer (my traditional choice in most videogames)

3) A hero with ranged attack, (sniper, hunter etc) who is able to shoot from a long distance and easily run away if necessery.

I would really appreciate your advices. Thanks in advance!

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -McG-
    Too sad, the game is so much damage oriented now. And playing support characters (especially in soloQ) is like suicide. But anyways you can play healer with cdr/energy/utility and intellect soul reaper also. Angel not recommended.
    Play demonologist , you will love the gatling gun experience.
    Ranged carry: archer and sputnik

3.   Click here to go to the previous staff post in this thread. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #3
    ex-Nival
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Apustar Captain View Post
    soul reaper
    Is he any good?

4.   Click here to go to the previous staff post in this thread. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #4
    ex-Nival
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    What about the witch? I liked how she looks and it seems that she has a familiar too

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by danik920 View Post
    What about the witch? I liked how she looks and it seems that she has a familiar too
    Yeah, witch is really good, I love playing her.

She also suits your playstyle.
    Prime World Community Server. Join and have fun. More Details : here

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -ExD-
    Sounds like you might want to play a Bard/Muse.

I shall name a few heroes that you may like Int woodsman, S.Putnik, Luna, Str Doctrine, Demonologist.

Witch is an excellent hero my only issue is that the cat travel range is a little short XD It would be nice if it could travel from the melee minions to the ranged minions atleast. She is especially good against melee heroes ^-^
    Last edited by -Vanity-; 09-20-2016 at 06:12 AM.
    Click the links for Primeworld content! Hit the Follow/Subscribe buttons for more! Thx!
    {Twitch Channel} - {Youtube Channel}

7.   Click here to go to the previous staff post in this thread. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #7
    ex-Nival
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    If I had to choose between Witch, Soul Reaper and Demonologist, whom should I pick?

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -ExD-
    If I had to choose between Witch, Soul Reaper and Demonologist, whom should I pick?
    Demon. Hes the perfect hero in my opinion ^-^
    Click the links for Primeworld content! Hit the Follow/Subscribe buttons for more! Thx!

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -McG-
    Is he any good?
    Works well in certain teams. Late game you can keep atleast 2 allies alive, 400+ heals per sec and amazing shield. He clears lane very fast and can push out all the time, which makes him vulnerable to many ganks.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -McG-
    whatever you want , with demon you are usually stuck in jungle at lower ratings <1700
    and its a pain to hit that whip all the time
    I like to try them all.....

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    TAE
    I recommend you with those two Healer and S.putnik , i already made a guide about him that can be helpful :

http://en.playpw.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77237

about healer well try to collect something similar to this , my healer set and don't make any risks without 3rd talent ( triumph of life ) i marked it for you you can act like a prey to surprize them with it (near your tower is best) and team work is always the road to victory:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	149 
Size:	421.8 KB 
ID:	116640

this set is full of suprizes if you looked at it very well
    Last edited by OussamaT; 09-20-2016 at 10:39 AM.

12.   Click here to go to the previous staff post in this thread. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #12
    ex-Nival
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by OussamaT View Post
    I recommend you with those two Healer and S.putnik , i already made a guide about him that can be helpful :

http://en.playpw.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77237

about healer well try to collect something similar to this , my healer set and don't make any risks without 3rd talent ( triumph of life ) i marked it for you you can act like a prey to surprize them with it (near your tower is best) :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	149 
Size:	421.8 KB 
ID:	116640

this set is full of suprizes if you looked at it very well
    Thank you for sharing your build, OussamaT.
    I play healer right now, yes. She is pretty nice but I am going to switch to another char once i have decent amount of silver.
    I am affraid S.Putnik is too expansive for me right now. 500k silver? Thats a lot for a beginner.

For now, I decided to save up for Soul Reaper. He is only 120k and seems quite fun to play. And I also love zombies, ghosts and stuff like that.
    Last edited by danik920; 09-20-2016 at 11:01 AM.

13.   Click here to go to the previous staff post in this thread. This is the last staff post in this thread.   #13
    ex-Nival
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    So I have tried playing as a mage and damn this was awesome. You are a summoner, disabler and aoe damage dealer at the sam time. It feels like mage is a bit op, or it is just because of my luck.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -McG-
    mage is a bit op
    Not really. He has both pros and cons. Too squishy and no real escape when already used barrier or chicken. That's why the red blink set works wonders on him. Also imo, he requires considerably low ping to play, so that he can react and cast at the right time.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -ExD-
    So I have tried playing as a mage and damn this was awesome. You are a summoner, disabler and aoe damage dealer at the sam time. It feels like mage is a bit op, or it is just because of my luck.
    Mage is really strong in the hands of a good player but if he gets stunned before he can cast his first spell then its easy to stun lock him until hes dead. Also he will instant die to slayers if you position yourself poorly.

You might see alot of heroes in this game that seem OP but they all have ways to counter them which is what i love the most about this game ^-^ You get to play strong heroes against other strong heroes =D

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -FW-
    Mage is OP but hard to play, might be gimp in the same time as a imba guy ^^ Good player on mage can solo win the game. Best farmer in the game. Can outfarm liner with couple k of primes in 10mins.

Try to play "Dusz" such a nice guy ! A looot of fun.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    All heroes are OP depending player and team and other factors (power, build, enemy setup, your team setup, mm). Every hero has different taste, playstyle, strategy, role in group... etc. Some heroes are anti-hero for some, which is like "paper, scissor, rock" rule...

I like all heroes and wanted to play all of them together same time but it wasn't possible because of costs and I quit, because power and legendary sets makes big sense late game and at higher ranks. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are. And of course teamsetup and teamplay. If you play solo, you need lots of luck. Communication problem between EN / RU is one of the biggest problem. Emotions are not enough. And every of 2-3 game possible to get a troll, quitter, afk, leaver, etc. someone who join game to work for enemy, so 4 vs 6 can happen. Need strong nerves...

"1) A support hero that can be really helpful for his teammates by casting healing and buff spells."

If you want to play support role, you must have proper team like with a good carry, jungler and tank(s) to have fun. For this role there are many heroes :
    - Angel is nice, suits for both support and AD carry depending build
    if you build as int, huge heals with very low cd, teleport to help group, agi/cun buff, slow enemy (cc always makes sense), stun with spear, can be really good support.
    STR Angel build = can do as good as a slayer carry, late game I saw almost 2k+ spear damage, which is not bad and 1k+ auto attacks, but you need deathtouch set,

as I said, to play only support, need good team otherwise you wont die and save others maybe but if you can't kill so enemy will farm, get towers and go ahead anyhow, if rest of your team can't do much then support will be useless. so better to play full support with premade groups with live sound communication.

Healer also good support but very low damage, specially ulti can make win 5vs5 combat depending setups, large ranged healing, good but not best. Also healer at PW is not like "healer" roles in other games. Angel, Artiste sounds more smilar. High heal and high damage...

"2) A necromancer type hero OR Summoner/Debuffer (my traditional choice in most videogames)

3) A hero with ranged attack, (sniper, hunter etc) who is able to shoot from a long distance and easily run away if necessery."

Heroes with healing or buff/debuff ability as (ranged support) : Angel, Fay, Artiste, Bard, can do very well as solo and in teamcombat.

As ranged, I like all :
    - Putnik (played str/agi with deathtouch set, late game can kill most of heroes easily,
    - Mage (both str and int viable), makes sense at group combats. As str mage, aoe trap and chicken down enemy almost less than half hp,
    - Lightning Master (int with deathtouch or str for hammer headshot), even after nerf still possible to 1 shot most of heroes, effective on slayers like eraser, shadow, faceless,
    - Fox both str and int I played, good timing invisible spell, hard to die,
    - Doctrine (I played str long time ago, was 1 shotting most of heroes but now not so effective as str, int build with deathtouch set does more damage overall and seems more usefull for group,
    - Wym also very effective heroe. with web logic and high damage ulti, and pure int/cun stat, plus shield and healing dangerous for most heroes which based on ability, like brawler, faceless, etc
    - Artiste also not bad, as full int very huge heals and with agi/pen/cun, can 1vs1 down many heroes,
    - Horse,
    - Archer, with good build, can do really nice damage but need deathtouch set and can be very squishy against most of heroes. For example free farm for faceless 1vs1
    - witch also has good damage as int and str, escape and immune to cc and nice ulti.
    if you aim to play auto attack based builds, deathtouch set makes sense. otherwise pure stat builds like at wrym, fay, etc.

so all heroes are good, depends power, build, playstyle... etc

Power is very important factor now, more than before. like 2-3 years ago. when we were playing with yellow heroes vs purple ones color wasnt so huge factor like today. But now blues vs reds, really makes sense. Doesnt matter your personal skill or experience, while games last longer and most of time teams going over 25-30 lvl, makes big sense. There are huge difference as damage and survivability between blue and red so you"ll farm for years to make all heroes orange/red or spend thousands of golds and ten thousands of crystals, or just choose some of them and play only these. (Which sounds terrible idea for me since all other games in the market let you play with max power and have fun, but earning money from other things, like skins, scrolls etc.). That's another bad part of PW. You buy a hero but you can't play it effective unless build correct and increase power, at high ranks, even orange heroes people dont want to play with, and that costs huge, even for all heroes "more huge". Also this is a big problem against game population. I wonder how new players will handle it? Most of the players wont want to spent so big money or tons of life time to play different heroes sametime with fun. Unless just selecting 3-5 heroes and play only with them but then it isnt my style. I hope Nival aim to earn money from other things and let people have a bit more fun by "free to play" side. Upgrade heroes easier and faster and optain legendary talents faster, so power wont be biggest problem. I made a calculation long time ago and after seeing that I stop playing PW, because of that painfull grinding process for thousands of crystals and legendary sets is really annoying and I need like just 25 x deathotuch sets where I able to get only 3x within couple months and most of pieces are from clan bank. Results from forging is like a joke and market costs very high crystals,

Minimum 10-15 heroes suits perfect to your playstyle but 1k+ crystal per heroe, imagine... Even if that is a hero which needs legendary set for "bis" build.. good luck then...

Anyhow, all heroes are good, I saw every hero doing best, making team win, and inverse, all heroes (even red power) did terrible job in game. Angel, artiste, wrym, mage, putnik, fox, lm,.. etc
    Last edited by Ancyra; 09-21-2016 at 11:22 PM.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -ExD-
    Ah Danik you shouldn't have mentioned the words "Over Powered" XD You triggered the community haha

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Snus
    The most fun hero in the game at the moment is in my opinion horseman with the strength build. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing a fleeing enemy die to your own DoT.

Stranger
    Thanks for all of your comments, they were very helpful for me in choosing the first hero to play with