Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Remove inventor already

Warrior
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    i think he is pretty awsome, "deals 56-578 dmg per second for 4 seconds" thats alot of dmg on a enemy team. he can even hit multiple targets simultaneously. 500 dmg, times 5 enemy, times 4 seconds

also people dont know that stats transfer to the turrets, i got absolutely owned by dizzlers int/cunning turrets that had super high crit and penetration. crit from your cunning and added crit from +20% talent, the turrets can get a higher crit chance than any hero in the game. now that i remember clearly, actually i got destroyed (dizzlerrrrrrrrrrr *shakes fist* xD) lol

but there is a different way to play inventor than the common meta of other heros. i once had a pro inventor in the clan before he quit the game and he played totally different to win games. he constantly kept tele scrolls because they were cheap and used them. he ALWAYS cleared waves and he was ALWAYS the first one to destroy a tower and he ALWAYS destroyed the most towers and was ALWAYS the highest level. an inventor is a crazy good lane pusher, and given pockets of seconds constantly is damaging to the enemy if he takes use of it.

he also ran shadow cover and kept speed potions for escape. remember cheap items, as an inventor you can stay stocked on tele scrolls and speed potions, clear waves, and still keep up with the levels of the enemy team if not be higher still.

got a huge wave? most heros need some seconds to clear it, especially if you are a single hit hero. he can ulti for 1-2 seconds and clear a full wave and just move on to the next situation.

Native terrain buffs? more dmg with turrets and more heal with native terrain? might as well add that permanently, he will always win his lane flag since level TWO, throw a gun turret down ahead of the flag, either you win the flag or they take considerable early dmg instead

can you sacrifice one turret? he can use a turret as a ward, yes it gets destoyed but the whole team sees that and knows the enemy location afterwards, heck if your a str inventor, if you feel like it, you can put down 3 ward turrets if you really want to

there are ways to play him that are different. are you in a 1v1 with a melee? have gun turrets and heal turrets down while you run around letting him get hit for dmg while you heal and just keep baiting, throw a bomb in there. still in trouble? use a speed potion or use shadow cover.

how many times have you been on the run with low health while the enemy has low health also but has a slight advantage and will kill you first? you cant do that anymore, you have to run past two turrets hitting you and now your the dead one.

dps? whether int or str. having two turrets down attacking the enemy hero while your also doing basic attack combined has a nice DAMAGE PER SECOND

learn how to play him, that is it.

p.s. dudeeeee.... that inventor voice is so weak xD
    Last edited by 21TeRRoR; 07-21-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    2ez
    Great post 21TeRRoR =)

I own a 1900 power str inventor
    Although most people who have seen me using it aren’t playing PW anymore, inventor is still my favorite hero.
    It’s a Role playing issue =)
    I think its impossible to play inventor without understanding and loving his role
    Now imagine a generic steampunk RPG team: big-muscles bro, a sharpshooter or two, and a hacker
    YOU ARE THAT HACKER

Many people doesn’t understand that
    Inventor is not a sharpshooter =)
    He is a hacker

He is a dude in leather jacket covered with trinkets for every possible sittuation
    Use speed pots (pretty much a mandatory), TP scrolls, turrets, breath of life, chances edge, sense of moment, any and every set that you can get

Inventors role is to be a sub-carry. Half-support, half-dps.
    He doesn’t fit in every team. You only take inventor if there is already a DPS and at least one good tank

Terror21 has spoken about INT inventor, I however play STR style and think its much more reliable.

STR can and must use turrets as free wards. Even better than wards. They make sound whan they shoot, making sure that you will never miss gankers =). INT style cant do that. He needs turrets on lane.
    STR ult is pretty useless. Never use it, save components, place another talent for str. PROFITs everywhere =)

STR turrets are not that powerfull but as durable as int versions, therefore they can be used to tank towers.
    Inventor is so good with getting 1st asssault because he doesn’t need to back out when the minion wave is dead. He can tank with turrets untill the next wave arrives =)

Do you know how good turrets are when taking kiton? Ahh...!!

STR bomb does tremendous damage AOE.
    If you know where to aim you can clear or seriosly damage (early game) an entire creep wave with a single bomb.
    Combined with free wards on river and free healing stations that allows for EXTREMELY offencive play.
    Every 9 seconds he throws a bomb that will consume 30% of your average HP bar. They try to hide behind minions?
    That’s cute =)
    When I play inventor, I stand between enemy creeps and enemy tower =) If they come close they get a bomb to the face. Inventor always(!) outfarms everyone on a map.
    IF they try to gank ... breath of life, healing stations, chances edge. Good luck with tower diving =)
    If they leave lane for 1 minute. Send thanks for 1st assault.

BTW if you r high you can actually go jungle =)
    Tried that a couple of times. Pretty fun (wasnt high tho xD)

So yeah. There is no way inventor is weak. He is underpowered compared to other heroes. But no way he is weak.
    He just needs a little buff.
    Hes biggest weakness is mobility. That’s why unprepared inventor = dead inventor.
    Forgot potions? Dead. Sense of moment and chance edgde both on cooldown? Dead. Forgot to set up wards? Dead.

He needs to be gived speed. When he has 70+ components, increase speed. Why not? Even better, increase damage when many components, increase speed when little components. Another way to do this is to give a temporary (1 or 2 seconds) speed buff when he uses skill.
    That will solve inventors problems with chasing (the main reason he cant be a main carry) and escaping

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    Ï had to stop playing my str inventor at 2k because since phantom buff it's impossible to survive to him. Inventor is stamina based you just die, like Wolf dancer against phantom.
    There are phantom /faceless in 7/10 games nowadays so I decided to stop inventor but it was fun and his passive reduce shop is op for map control and cheap eye on your Shadow
    Streams : http://fr.twitch.tv/popoie
    Video PW on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/user/PhantasmicArrow/videos

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    2ez
    TBH phantom hasnt been buffed too much
    He was always OP. Ive no idea why people never used it =)

If phantom is the reason to quick squishy heroes than maybe we should stop playing range AD carries

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    Phantom was my first hero since the beginning of En server. He was strong enough, now he's too strong cause of 2s stun. There is 0 way to escape to him with inventor and wolf even if you see him coming until lv 21 if you use nocturnal set (dash). Hunter, artist and witch can move speed up, ama can dash, others die.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    You could get sense of moment.
    But it is tricky to use it before he will stun you.

Anyway, i dont have that much problem with him as a muse. Tons of shields and other protection passives are worth it.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachry View Post
    Phantom was my first hero since the beginning of En server. He was strong enough, now he's too strong cause of 2s stun. There is 0 way to escape to him with inventor and wolf even if you see him coming until lv 21 if you use nocturnal set (dash). Hunter, artist and witch can move speed up, ama can dash, others die.
    That dagger cd reduction is too stronk too, made him a true carry without much risky moves.
    I stopped played him a lot when he was buffed, cuz is so easy to play as him right now.
    I have nothing to share...

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AXA
    Inventor is fucking imaba

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    2ez
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachry View Post
    You are wrong
    Inventor is a hero that must always be prepared

Easiest way to save against phantom and other slayers is to use invis on chance edge =) saves my life more than once in every match =)
    You can also bomb away and run. And if you have some hp, your team will deal with phantom
    You run around alone, right?

Dont be taken by surprise and have a gadget for everything =)

There are also cool things like sense of moment with dmg reduction and speed (i use all that)
    And even abs. barrier if you dont have oranges

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    Abs barrier is way too late, like immortal set and nocturnal. You'll be already killed 4-5 times according to phantom rage.

Shadow cover is too long to turn you invisible specialy if he came out from nowhere. Change edge could work sometimes but he can also get an eye to farm you or shadow.

Just bought Inventor and he is kind of fun to play.

But sometimes I can't use the Clockwork Bomb talent even I am full energy, not stunned nor silenced. Any idea why?

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    It doesnt cost energy Check description of spells and your passive

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

It doesnt cost energy Check description of spells and your passive

Oha, it costs 60 energy and 35 of those mechanical thingies. Probably I was lacking latter.
    Thanks for the hint.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    EOGa
    If you can find someone who can take out the cat in 3 secs, split push 2 lanes at one time, grant a %30 discout at the store and still get assist scores from other lanes. Call me up. Until then, I think the inventor is good for smart people.

If I would have known earlier I had chosen Keepers, just because of Artiste and Demonologist.

Turrets are just aiming practice for the other team and suck away components which would be required for Machine Gun and bomb.

I wasn't able to play Doctrine but I know how easy Demonoligst is to play with his tanky summons.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    EOGa
    When playing the Imperium exclusives, you really do have to be smart or at-least have more creativity than the Keepers exclusives. I've seen Docs literally clear a 1v5 without a single drop of sweat and nuke even the tankiest of people from full health down to zero. Same with inventors, I've seen some get first assault in under 10 min solo and even hunker down and defend a tower in a 1v5 while his team split pushes. Sure our exclusives are "Harder" to play and even I don't got them down to the pat. But those that do know how to truly play them well... Anyone who knows their hero well enough will obviously win allot more. Maybe Inventor is just not as aggressive as you want him to be. Maybe you don't like the lane hopping tactics of a Doctrine. Maybe you don't have as much of a strategic mind and rely on powerful skills and stats? IDK and IDC. If you want to join the keepers, be my guest. But when you see me on the battlefield and my turrets burst you down, or you end up attacking my Doc clone end end up dead because of it, don't start blaming the keepers after.

GL
    HF
    GG

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    2ez
    Quote Originally Posted by #user11922081 View Post
    If I would have known earlier I had chosen Keepers, just because of Artiste and Demonologist.

Turrets are just aiming practice for the other team and suck away components which would be required for Machine Gun and bomb.

I wasn't able to play Doctrine but I know how easy Demonoligst is to play with his tanky summons.
    I'd say inventor is always better than artist. But he is not a good beginners choice.
    Demon is OP
    Doctrine is only good with int (str build can carry up to majors but then everyone grabs 5k+ hp and immortality set)

These heroes are for roleplay I think =)
    They are scientists. Brute tactics will not work with them

Quote Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
    When playing the Imperium exclusives, you really do have to be smart or at-least have more creativity than the Keepers exclusives. I've seen Docs literally clear a 1v5 without a single drop of sweat and nuke even the tankiest of people from full health down to zero. Same with inventors, I've seen some get first assault in under 10 min solo and even hunker down and defend a tower in a 1v5 while his team split pushes. Sure our exclusives are "Harder" to play and even I don't got them down to the pat. But those that do know how to truly play them well... Anyone who knows their hero well enough will obviously win allot more. Maybe Inventor is just not as aggressive as you want him to be. Maybe you don't like the lane hopping tactics of a Doctrine. Maybe you don't have as much of a strategic mind and rely on powerful skills and stats? IDK and IDC. If you want to join the keepers, be my guest. But when you see me on the battlefield and my turrets burst you down, or you end up attacking my Doc clone end end up dead because of it, don't start blaming the keepers after.

GL
    HF
    GG
    I like your description =)

I've seen some get first assault in under 10 min solo and even hunker down and defend a tower in a 1v5
    And I have seen my healer having more kills than assassin. Doesn't say anything except how bad other players are, or they just had a bad day and I have been lucky. There are better heroes for assaults, I think this is out of discussions. Defending a tower against 5 others? This is definitely not the norm.

Sure our exclusives are "Harder" to play
    Yes, because they are weaker. They can be strong when facing the right opponents, but also weak against a lot more. Whereas the Keeper's heroes are generally doing very well.

Maybe you don't have as much of a strategic mind and rely on powerful skills and stats?
    Maybe, I am not claiming to be the super skilled player; but it is actually easy to counter towers because they are just stupid static targets. PW is all about powerful skills. That's why most heroes are able to DPS, CC and self-heal (or have escape skills) at the same time. Some heroes have their skills focused on one or two of those abilities. Inventor got those abilities as well but they are just below average and some can only be used/useful in certain occasions.

But when you see me on the battlefield and my turrets burst you down, or you end up attacking my Doc clone end end up dead because of it, don't start blaming the keepers after.
    I would love to see how you are doing with inventor. Maybe you can upload a replay how you own the map with 'split' pushes and get kills (1on1) with your turrets? I am really interested in those replays. Honestly, Inventor is somehow fun to play imo and they might help me to improve my gameplay and have more fun playing this hero.
    Aren't Doc's clone having different visuals?

I really like your guide to Inventor but he is just not as useful as Artiste is. Not sure about Doctrine yet, but Demonoligist can be a serious pain in the ass and doesn't have big problems to own a lane and bring down towers with his living shield of tanky summons.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE

GL
    HF
    GG

lol sorry to tell you but i don't think you are playing the same game as most of us.
    simple reason why you are getting away with taking towers down @10 minutes is because you are playing vs bad players.also how can you keep a straight face when mentioning "5v1" and inventor in the same sentence?

as much as i like heros with his mechanics i am not going to pretend he has anymore use than any other player,he is very very very situational,for example if you have an INT inventor and send sesha in to the enemy team to taunt them,then inventor ulti's,he will almost insta gib the enemy teams moral,but how often can sesha garantee he can taunt 5 enemys in one go?,only stupid teams have 5 people get taunted by him,so thats a situation that is "hoped" for not created.

9/10 he is more of a burden to your team than he is worth.that is unless you are playing vs seriously tacticless braindead zombies.
    all he has to do is stand in the river near the flag and hes dead,he won't get away from 99% of any good ganking combos.

the only time hes going to 5v1 is at level 1 under his tower lol
    Last edited by Cumberlandsausage; 08-02-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    2ez
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumberlandsausage View Post
    lol sorry to tell you but i don't think you are playing the same game as most of us.
    simple reason why you are getting away with taking towers down @10 minutes is because you are playing vs bad players.also how can you keep a straight face when mentioning "5v1" and inventor in the same sentence?

as much as i like heros with his mechanics i am not going to pretend he has anymore use than any other player,he is very very very situational,for example if you have an INT inventor and send sesha in to the enemy team to taunt them,then inventor ulti's,he will almost insta gib the enemy teams moral,but how often can sesha garantee he can taunt 5 enemys in one go?,only stupid teams have 5 people get taunted by him,so thats a situation that is "hoped" for not created.

9/10 he is more of a burden to your team than he is worth.that is unless you are playing vs seriously tacticless braindead zombies.
    all he has to do is stand in the river near the flag and hes dead,he won't get away from 99% of any good ganking combos.

the only time hes going to 5v1 is at level 1 under his tower lol
    Zuul said one thing that I was saying the whole time =)
    Would real inventor go for the river and die? No. He would invent devices to get away =). Use brain, use sets, use potions.

Inventor is all about outplaying others. If you want your hero to be strong 'out of the box' - play brawler.

PS
    I would prefer inventor to artist any time any day anywhere in any team always.

Vagrant
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    CARE
    4 things if changed can buff him considerably which I think will be applicable to both str and int type inventors.

1. For the turret upgrade increase the crit chance by 50% rather than 20%.
    2. Shop discount which is given is to be increased by 50%.
    3. Vita Gen upgrade put an aura around it which increases the crit chance for the whole team (around it) by 10%(for every Vita generator placed), so that for the inventor crit chance will be increased by a total of 20%(for int types and also for the str types),the AoE of this aura will be equivalent to marksman's wild call.This will not effect the turrets but only the heroes.
    4. Component generation be increased by 20%.CD on machine gun be reduced by 50%.
    Last edited by Seronia_tampis; 08-22-2014 at 04:13 AM.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    RK
    Quote Originally Posted by Seronia_tampis View Post
    4 things if changed can buff him considerably which I think will be applicable to both str and int type inventors.

1. For the turret upgrade increase the crit chance by 50% rather than 20%.
    2. Shop discount which is given is to be increased by 50%.
    3. Vita Gen upgrade put an aura around it which increases the crit chance for the whole team (around it) by 10%(for every Vita generator placed), so that for the inventor crit chance will be increased by a total of 20%(for int types and also for the str types),the AoE of this aura will be equivalent to marksman's wild call.This will not effect the turrets but only the heroes.
    4. Component generation be increased by 20%.CD on machine gun be reduced by 50%.
    Do you even think about the values you type? Have you even played inventor?

Congratulations! You are the #1 player of this game! -Raptr

Warrior
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    hahahahahahahaha

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    Shop - 50% is completly broken. People Would start playing him even zuma just for the passive.
    Potions almost free, ward also which means super map contrôle , and eyes everywhere

Vagrant
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    CARE
    I have played all the heroes in all of my different accounts just for fun(corporal to serg level), except the ones after inventor and the ones before the new blue ones, so I know a bit about the weakness and strengths of each one of them to some point.I am trying to buy faceless next month as I like int type slayers very much.I have never tried him, but I heard he is very difficult to master but once he is mastered he becomes quite op(Blink and kill for the fighter types not tanks).That is to eliminate the fighter of the enemy team(DPS) so that the fighter and the tank of my team can destroy towers. and get an easy win(I think that is the common strategy for all the slayers in this game).
    Last edited by Seronia_tampis; 08-22-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    Inventor only has problems with passive, which limits him.

Take it away, replace it with something else and increase energy costs for other abilities. Hero itself is really strong, but too much limited.