Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Keepers vs Imperiums

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -

Keepers vs Imperiums

To be blunt, it's just a dumb idea. Why split the population in two for a moba? I don't see any advantage what so ever. The only reason I could see to ever have a similar system set up is a pvp based mmorpg.
    Match making would improve, as players don't have to be on a specific side. It'll make it easier to group players based on language. Getting into challenges would probably be a lot quicker than not happening at all. I'm not sure who likes not having access to all the heroes.
    Keep the faction system purely as a castle skin and ditch everything else that separates us.

Vagrant
    I agree. Nival is unlikely to change this though... Its the "flair" of their game.

Having 2 opposing factions is a cool idea, but without enough players it just can't work.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Even with more users, you're making it so half the population I can never be teammates with. I could have a good competitive game against someone, become friends with them, but can never play with them.
    There's just no advantages and only massive disadvantages here.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    At the very least, you could:
    Let us do challenges together.
    Let us have a shared chat, we have a rival system, why can't we talk to each other to set up games?

Also I'd like to have an option / separate chat tab to join the Russian chat. Many speak english, so getting groups together is feasible.
    Lastly, I'd like to be able to paste my clipboard in loading/in-game chat. When communicating stuff, I'm starting to pick up some russian, so I'd like to be able to paste things like лес (forest).

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    NLS
    honestly i was thinking about doing factions if i did a moba... but all the heroes would be different not this just an other skin crap.
    but after seeing it here in prime world im very against the idea... if i had done it and seen my game going like this i would have gotten rid of it a LONG time ago.

and yah copy/past would be really nice in chat.... they did fix the filter but they still need to redo the whole chat system... it sucks.
    but they do not seem to understand how important communication is in a team game.

.... hell i have quit MMORPGs because of the chat system.... and those aren't really team games.... you can solo the whole time if you want.

it seems really simple..... a multi-player game NEEDS to have good communication tools....... the WHOLE point of having a multi-player game IS TO PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE..........................
    LF> a cute, caring, snuggly, sweet & family oriented Asian girl to marry me. <3
    My skype icon lies, i am probably online.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Along with the whole chat system, why can't we whisper during battles?

7.     #7
    Assistant Community Manager
    Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    PoA
    The Chat System is in for a major overhaul, but the Faction system is there to add in a mix to the genre, along with the many new features that Prime World has.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe View Post
    the Faction system is there to add in a mix to the genre
    It doesn't do anything for the game though...
    No one goes "oh cool, I can't play with half the population" or "oh cool, I can't play all the heroes" or "oh cool, I have to wait 25 minutes to get into a challenge."

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    There's a lot of people that dislike the faction system, the idea of breaking them up has been brought a lot but probably wont happen soon if at all.

I hope it does one day even if it would influence immersion / story negatively.
    Spoiler Text

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    RK
    I think they should implement a system for semi-faction-less play even if it's only enabled after a certain time of searching (like maneuvers was). There would be an option to turn it off (like maneuvers) but if it isn't then up to 2 heroes (that aren't faction exclusive) can fight on the other faction's side.

EDIT: For those that think it would break the story, they can be considered traitors (after going so long without pay, they succumbed to the other faction's bribes). Though I'm not sure of how they are bound to their faction in the lore.
    Last edited by Are You A Wiiizard; 05-02-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    ^ to begin with, we can simply do challenges together. I let the queue go while playing another game, 2 hours and no purple challenge.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    PITW
    Hmm make mix team sounds good but already written 3-5 books about game lore with separated Keepers and Imperium forces

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Lore isn't worth the sacrifice of everything mentioned.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    They could EASILY make new lore that would lead to the factions merging. For example, some new Prime threat comes to be forcing the two factions to work together. This could lead to each faction teaming together, and the castle/hero skins being open to everyone. Like if you start on Imperium you get all the skins, castle and hero, of the Imperium to start. But just like you pay gold to switch factions, have that as a skin bundle allowing you to unlock the other faction skins. This would keep the "factions" and skins in play, still allow Nival to earn money from faction "swaps" and combine the player pool.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    PITW
    Just imagine, someone created Harry Potter MMORPG or MOBA and for better matchmaking they combined Gryffindor and Slytherin together

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    T-F
    The problem is not the 2 faction system, it's the chat that is not "global", i mean.. it should automatically parse what someone write to be all globally changed to ENGLISH.

So, no mater what language it write, you will see your own, but everyone else, will see ENGLISH.

BryanFury - Leader