Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Dice Gaming in need of People!

No Dice Gaming in need of People!

No Dice Gaming is currently looking for dedicated and enthusiastic people to join our flagship project, NDTV. The long-term goal for this project is to run a 24/7 Twitch.tv stream channel that provides all sorts of content to our viewers, although while we are getting the project off the ground we have a more realistic short-term goal of two days a week. This will allow everyone to ease into their new roles and gain experience shaping the future of the channel before going full thrust. We have many vital positions still open with a wide range of responsibilities which are detailed below. We hope to hear from you, we have a lot of fun here and are excited to bring like-minded individuals into the fold.

“NDTV will certainly be a challenging project. I will not hide the fact that the project will be stressful but at the same time rewarding. As a leader of this project, I believe that every single one of you chosen to be a part of this project will be a part of the final success, because success comes from the followers and not the leader. At NDTV, we believe that behavior is the primary source of success. We are passionate about our targets and determined to strive for excellence. I encourage all of you to take a chance and come on board with our team in morphing such a powerful project into reality!”

- Joshua “Stitch” Shum, Head of Production at NDTV

Stream Director: One of the most important positions in NDTV. A Stream Director is, primarily but not always limited to, responsible for the presentation of NDTV as it appears on YouTube and on various Streams along with leading the stream staff they are working with. This position will be dealing with several people on a daily basis in a leadership position, so being able to communicate thoughts as well as manage these people is absolutely vital. A strong dedication, creativity, efficiency, and commitment to excellence are all traits we are looking for someone in this position. Experience in broadcasting is required.
    Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1juD..._-Lt8/viewform

Advertising Director: Along with the Stream Director, the other leadership role in NDTV is the Advertising Director. The Advertising Director will be in charge of managing all the content that needs to be released by NDTV. This includes news, editorials, interviews, announcements, and social media updating. This position requires a high level of activity as well an extreme level of awareness of what is happening around the world of eSports to go along with what NDG is doing on a day by day basis. This person will be managing all of our writers and advertisers as well as working with the graphic designers. Leadership, a firm grasp of text and graphic presentation, a strong command of the written English language, and experience in multiple gaming communities is required for this position.
    Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1hA8...ygHI8/viewform

Shoutcasters: The experience the viewer has on games is important to us here at NDG, and more often than not the people providing commentary to our various streams are going to directly influence that experience more than anyone else. By being an NDTV shoutcaster a person is ensured to be the first pick for any tournaments we run. We want people with a great deal of passion for their game of choice in these positions. No specific amount of time played is required, but we only want people who have a lot of experience playing the game they wish to commentate. The assessment of an applicant will include personality, uniqueness, knowledge, as well as general entertainment before making any decisions. The games we need shoutcasters include but are not limited to the following: Starcraft II, League of Legends, Dota 2, PrimeWorld, Hearthstone, CS:GO. If you do not see your game on the above list do not hesitate to contact us.
    Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14M1...oLKG4/viewform

Graphics: Everyone loves something to pretty to look at, and this is where you could come in. We are looking for someone who is comfortable using PhotoShop, Illustrator, or other graphic designing programs. They will be editing and creating overlays along with putting together banners for tournament. This work will have an individual working with both the streaming and advertising departments at NDTV at any one time and the work will be varied and fulfilling. Generally speaking we will not require someone to work on projects for more than five hours a week if they themselves are efficient, but there may be times where additional effort is required. All applicants are required to show some sort of digital art they have designed.
    Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dfW...RI8SQ/viewform

Advertisers: The Advertisers in NDTV will be vital in the spreading of knowledge about what it is we do. We expect Advertisers to be familiar with social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter. Advertisers will be in charge of keeping the public informed of the latest news in tournaments, about the team, of players streaming, and other things related to NDG and NDTV. The commitment to being an Advertiser will vary depending on the events and schedules, however it is not what we would describe as a time intensive task assuming it is done with efficiency. Advertisers will not need specific game knowledge.
    Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11oI...QNXc4/viewform

Ultimately these jobs will not be performed on an island. Every single one of these positions involve working together with some, or at times all, of the NDTV group to have a great product. We here at NDTV are a team who is dedicated to supporting its individual pieces to make everyone better. If you feel like you are the right fit for this team get in touch so we can keep building something great here. Thank you you for reading.

http://ndgaming.org
    http://facebook.com/NODICEGAMING
    http://twitter.com/NODICEGAMING
    http://twitch.tv/ndtv
    Last edited by Judge Sweets; 03-06-2014 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Had to change that shade of blue, I agree with some of the posters that it does hurt a bit on the eyes. But please feel free to change it again if you must. Sorry ahead of time.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    This seems... Fishy. Can we get confirmation this is real, because I'm thinking not.

Pro Tip: Do not fill out ANY of those forms until we've got confirmation.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    IEC is a clan formed by NDG members.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    BRAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by kipjib View Post
    IEC is a clan formed by NDG members.
    explains why they are so fishy in game then
    18.5.13-21.1.14
    never forget rip in peace

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    And that's supposed to mean, what, exactly?
    who is john galt

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    BRAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluerose View Post
    And that's supposed to mean, what, exactly?
    this is something impossible to explain,

you could only experience that if you have queued as keeper premerge :/

but those times are over
    18.5.13-21.1.14

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    So, this still hasn't been confirmed.

Why the hell is this so off topic already? Who cares if NDG members formed IEC? Who cares if IEC is fishy in game (I have no idea what raythyr is talking about.)?

This looks like a scam post to me. Brand new member posting a 'job listing' for NDG, using Google docs for applicaitons?

Traveler
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    This is not a trick. IEC has been part of No Dice for 8 months now and I've actually been involved with this project for a few months. This is not a scam. If you dont trust me then google No Dice Gaming and take a look at our site.
    I'm so old, I played Pong at release.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    IEC has been assimilated by NDG for 8 months....* fixed it for you =)
    Spoiler Text

Traveler
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    I blame Taco. He brought the infection with him.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    This just in: NDG has bought IEC. Umbrella is now much richer.
    Stay tuned. More news at 5 o'clock.
    In loving memory of the pre-merge months:

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    sigh DON'T WORRY BOUT THEM FIRST COUPLE COMMUNITY TOURNAMENTS..... ya know the IEC/NDG ones

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

If I recall Miltank was first blood in our game (-.-')

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsonga View Post
    This is not a trick. IEC has been part of No Dice for 8 months now and I've actually been involved with this project for a few months. This is not a scam. If you dont trust me then google No Dice Gaming and take a look at our site.

I'm aware of IEC/NDG affiliations. I was asking, because this post was made by a BRAND NEW FORUM ACCOUNT, advertising for NDG positions (On a game forum), using a 3rd party site to handle applications.

I know NDG is real. I know what they do. The original post seems like a scam though to get people's information.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsonga View Post
    I blame Taco. He brought the infection with him.
    I like it, you like it, we all like it

I'd confirm this is real, but I assume my word isn't worth much to you guys.
    He should've probably also linked the NDG site. http://ndgaming.org/
    Either way, if you're not interested it's easy enough to not sign up.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrologia View Post
    I'm aware of IEC/NDG affiliations. I was asking, because this post was made by a BRAND NEW FORUM ACCOUNT, advertising for NDG positions (On a game forum), using a 3rd party site to handle applications.

I know NDG is real. I know what they do. The original post seems like a scam though to get people's information.
    NDG is a part of many games. It's fairly common for our director/ other members of the administration to create forum names for games we are a part of. To help get the game community involved with new things we are doing.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    Quote Originally Posted by NDGSodo View Post
    NDG is a part of many games. It's fairly common for our director/ other members of the administration to create forum names for games we are a part of. To help get the game community involved with new things we are doing.
    Sure, but it still looks like a scam at first glance though, which is why I asked.

How this delved into NDG/IEC/Affiliations/etc, is beyond me. That had nothing to do with my concerns.

Traveler
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    TLR syndrome Necro. I read first few sentences and responded to what I perceived the post to be about. In the meantime, we did get the situation explained.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleartaco View Post
    I like it, you like it, we all like it

I'd confirm this is real, but I assume my word isn't worth much to you guys.
    He should've probably also linked the NDG site. http://ndgaming.org/
    Either way, if you're not interested it's easy enough to not sign up.

Once again, this has nothing to do with NDG being real or not.

Let me try to explain:

I could go onto any gaming website, Say I was from NDG, link NDG's website, create a Google Doc that had applications, and then list a bunch of positions. Guess what though? I don't work for NDG It's really that easy without someone trusted form the community confirming it's a legit poster.

The King of Games RobVsTheWorld's Avatar
    Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    ouch block text hurts my eyes/brain

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Necro, what type of existence do you have if the first thing that comes to mind is to disbelieve everything? Calling things "a scam" when you don't have any information makes you look suspect at best and a hater at worse. Also, never pay Raythr any mind, we all know he is the worst troll in PW at the moment.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    there is no time for the press of tab periods commas and apostrophes in the online world! only caps and exclamation marks

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    Quote Originally Posted by kreedence View Post
    Necro, what type of existence do you have if the first thing that comes to mind is to disbelieve everything? Calling things "a scam" when you don't have any information makes you look suspect at best and a hater at worse. Also, never pay Raythr any mind, we all know he is the worst troll in PW at the moment.

O.o What type of experience do I have that leads me to assume anything that looks fishy might be a scam?

Roughly 14 years of avidly using the internet.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Well I'll keep that in mind next time I see a google doc that's about finding people for a partnered twitch stream

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    BRAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by kreedence View Post
    Also, never pay Raythr any mind, we all know he is the worst troll in PW at the moment.
    says the guy who can only queue up when oracle is holding his hand xD
    you made my day, as always iec, you keep making my day

brb i have to go to SOLO queue... because thats what REAL men do

also,
    if i was looking for someone to work for me,
    my first idea would be to look on the PW forums as well

thats where all the creative masterminds are hiding from the world =D
    18.5.13-21.1.14

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Quote Originally Posted by raythr View Post
    says the guy who can only queue up when oracle is holding his hand xD
    who is john galt

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    HERE WE GO! HOLD IT!

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    BRAIN

i can already see a picture ban on the forums coming up xD

pls judge sweets, have mercy with us... we need our fun ;D
    18.5.13-21.1.14

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    Quote Originally Posted by raythr View Post

i can already see a picture ban on the forums coming up xD

pls judge sweets, have mercy with us... we need our fun ;D
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1796462_633144456758071_2036296163_n.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	112667

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Just going to put it out there that it should have been explanatory enough that I didn't elaborate further.

I know it's a lazy wall of text, but surely it's sufficient enough that we've had 3 out of 4 community events being run by NDG as being proof enough of the legitimacy.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    Just going to put it out there that it should have been explanatory enough that I didn't elaborate further.

I know it's a lazy wall of text, but surely it's sufficient enough that we've had 3 out of 4 community events being run by NDG as being proof enough of the legitimacy.

OH MY GOD THIS HAD NOTHING TO WITH THE LEGITIMACY OF NDG.

Oh lawdy.

(Is there something in this thread that is preventing people from reading and comprehending and I somehow missed it? Why is this such a complex thing to figure out -.-)

of Kings of Kings of Kings
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Necrologia you seem interested in this post so much that you wanna join and work with them .. if you really want , go to NDG and talk with the founder there .. from my experience he almost online every day or every other day.. and you might get what you want

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Spoiler Text

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Well, this escalated quickly.
    "The matchmaking system is my shepherd. I shall not flee." - Oracle
    "Anger is motivation without purpose." - Master Yi

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Is there something in this thread that is preventing people from reading and comprehending and I somehow missed it? Why is this such a complex thing to figure out -.-
    It's called thread derailing.

IT'S AN ART.
    who is john galt

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    I love you all so much, keep on making my days fill up with laughter

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    BRAIN
    well, the topic creator hasnt replied a single time to dissipate any doubts ...

take that as you want
    18.5.13-21.1.14

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    It's called thread derailing.

IT'S AN ART.

I wasn't referring to the images. I was referring to the post I had quoted.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    I wasn't referring to the images. I was referring to the post I had quoted.
    Would I have posted in the first place mentioning our affiliation to NDG if I didn't believe it was legitimate?

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    AE
    Would I have posted in the first place mentioning our affiliation to NDG if I didn't believe it was legitimate?
    I have no idea. It was just a completely irrelevant comment in terms of my question regarding the original poster. You'll notice there's nothing to suggest the OP is actually affiliated with IEC or NDG. He has no previous posts, joined the same day he made this post, isn't in IEC (According to his profile), and was asking to fill out information on a third party website (Not sending people to NDG's website).

Hey everyone! I see that there is a lot of questions as to if this post is legit or not because I am in fact new to the forums here. I went ahead and edited the main post for you guys to look at again complete with all the links to our website and twitter and things of that nature. The reason I am a new user here is because I am a Director with NDG but don't play this game in particular but I can assure you that this is a legitimate advertisement for open positions within NDTV. I will be on this forum more frequently to answer any questions you may have and if I do not answer right away you can also contact Taco and he can reach me in NDG's mumble. Thank you for your time guys