Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Name the Monster

1.   Click here to go to the previous staff post in this thread. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1
    Assistant Community Manager
    Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    PoA

Name the Monster

Countless mysteries are hidden in the Primezone. Lost artifacts of the Old Empire, Lafort ruins, filled with palaces and libraries, have kept ancient knowledge locked away for ages. This land is brimming with dangerous and wild creatures, born of Prime and ready for battle. Soon the Primezone is going to present us with new creatures of unsurpassed brutality. The question is: Is the world ready for them? Will children be able to sleep after seeing one of these monsters?

The Contest Begins!

Players, can you help us name this new monster?! Come up with two names (for Keepers and Imperium) and post them here. Winners will be chosen on Feb 10th. We will select 6 best (3 for Keepers and 3 for Imperium names) and will award their authors with this new hero upon its release. Our favorite name will become the monster’s official, in-game name!

Rules:
    • The participants post the name and the reason they believe this name would fit as well as specify the faction the name is for (Keepers of Adornia or Dokht Imperium).
    • Submissions are accepted until midnight EST, 10th February 2014.
    • The winners will receive the new hero upon release!
    • No names that are copyright or not appropriate.
    • Nival reserves the right to not choose a name from the community if none feel satisfactory.

Please keep discussion out of this thread and only post names and reasons.

Good luck!

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Its name is Chomp Rhomp, cousin of Moomoo

Stranger
    Night crawler for imperium Reason: he move by crawling and the word night come from nightmare as his description and name sound more nature
    Death creeper for Imperium Reason : kinda similar to keeper but more like a beast mutant from some source of scientific test,always creeping in and kill the enemy

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Night crawler is trademark name to dota, soz.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    XPC
    The Vril (Vryl) either spelling. Monster looks quite wicked.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    SAGE
    I would name this fabulous monster " Azaroth " for Keepers. Why? Because when you say Azaroth it sounds terrible! Doesn't it?!

Good luck everybody,

Hakimaru.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    IsThe
    Toxic Stinger for Keepers and Poison Spitter for Imperium. And the reason, well just look at the picture, thing is taking a bath in that poisonous green thing.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    Troll
    keepers- Swamp Walker
    Imperium- Corrosive Stalker

there are my ideas.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    GHOST
    full honesty we need a bit more story on the character, maybe some skill info just a picture doesnt leave us room to defend the name we choose and we are only giving a name based on the picture which is kinda out there, someone could be thinking it is tanky and give it a name that kinda gives the idea of tanky but it might really be a assassin or a support or or vanguard

but atm my idea for the name will be a keeper name "kruptos palaitoxikon" it would mean "hidden anceint poison" imo it looks like itll have some poison and it looks like its really old and good at hiding since its just being discovered... but then again without more info or backstory cant defend the name completely

and imperial name. "nosos kammaros" meaning disease lobster they tried to do some experiments and failed but created a deadly disease spreading creature that is a deformed fusion of a lobster scorpion and sesha's cousin a small lizard with a rough spiny hide

and sometime soon with character releases we should discover a library and find a mage thats been hidden and studys the magical books and his class talents are his favorite books and each time u use the book the effect changes or he has a skill that can turn the page and change all his spells :} would be a EXTREMEELY fun and interesting hero (this paragraph is probly in the wrong place but i just thought of the idea and i dont think that itll be seen in the feedback section
    Last edited by NecroEugene; 02-04-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    H-P-S
    hi all

Keeper / Imperium

Slasher / Shadow Impact

Stranger
    Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    s3xY
    Keeper : Kerr (In Norse it means "From the Marsh" and in English means "Swamp or Bog") (Also can be a play on the word Cur which is person that is undesirable)

Empire : Slithur

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    Scorper

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Scorper, The king of Mutants

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    HATED
    Id say "Wolba" for Imperium: which an ancient name for a evil creature that would use it unique poison an fangs to poison its enemy . And for The Keepers id say "Yara-Ma" : which is also derived from an unknown creature believed to be hideous an non-human.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Mhmmmmm perhaps we could name is Drechkt for the Dokht, and Razhal for the keepers !

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    Aurum
    Cryoth - imperium
    Moglash - keepers

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    CJIOH
    Karakongjula for Impirium and Anatemani for Keeprs

Stranger
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    HUN
    Keepers
    Name: Specimen X
    Reason: The imperials rely on their technology above anything else. When a few scout first met this creature and survived, they brought back the tale to the head scientists of the state. What the survivors frighten the most wasn't the creature itself, but the excited look on the face of the scientists. Ever since then, the imperium send searching teams regularly, until now non of them returned. The scientists not cared much about the life of the people, just sent the teams, and hoped some will return with the creature what they called "Speciment X".

Imperum
    Name: Scourge
    Reason: The keepers are much closer to the nature then the imperials. For them, such a creature from the old empires ruins, with the devastation which is following its path is a great disaster. The people of Adornia just whisper "the Scourge of the cataclysm" among themself in fear. Only a few saw it and lived thought the encounter with the creature, which always lurk in the shadow of the forest, and kill everyone who unlucky enough to meet it.

The names and the stories are the opposites, because the imperial hero will attack the keepers and vica versa.

Stranger
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Demon
    Impale, for Keepers.
    Skewer, for Imperium.

Vagrant
    Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    xoxo
    Charrax (, the stinger) Imperium
    Tarrax (, the impaler) Keeper

Stranger
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    Is this creature related to the spider that attacked Nymph's unicorn (see her lore)?

Mercenary I Love God and Lilach's Avatar
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Fake
    Avonid - Imperium
    Bazhan - Keepers

In honour of his creators

Or

Arbi'tral - Imperium
    Lev'atan - Keepers

perhaps even:

Joo'max - Imperium
    Esth'arj - Keepers

Aduts - Imperium
    Dezarc - Keepers
    (our forum moderators backwards)

Doob - Imperium
    Tsul - Keepers

Cuz bloodlust has such a cool sig

Chalil - Imperium
    Ledah - Keepers
    (ledah means to give birth, because the beast will birth everyone into the after life after they see her)
    Last edited by I Love God and Lilach; 02-04-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Splice - Imperium name.

He looks genetically engineered, so Splice would be a perfect name!
    Last edited by Blood Lust; 02-04-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    In loving memory of the pre-merge months:

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Keepers: Ki'tath sounds more dark and magicial like how the keepers are about nature and magic
    Imperium: Dal'rex sounds more like a creature made from science

Stranger
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    GP1
    Name : venapimous
    Faction : Imperium
    Reason for naming : the name is composed of two things,"venomous" meaning the creature that can store and inject posion and "apis" the latin for "bee"
    --------------
    Name :mythidae
    Faction : Keepers
    Reason for naming : the name is composed of two things,"buthidae" the biological name of the largest scorpion family,and "myth" as in mythical creature .

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    CARE
    PrimeXie for Imperium. Also Mengyan for Keepers. Xie means scorpion and Mengyan means nightmare.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    Nix for keepers

Nox for imperium.. xD

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    The name could be Scion

siylo

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    Um..
    Imperium: Grettir
    Reasoning: Grettir was the hero of a saga who eventually became an outlaw, this well... thing... sure doesn't look like something people would be kind and trusting towards...

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    Imp: Crogzix
    Keep: Khamauw
    "The matchmaking system is my shepherd. I shall not flee." - Oracle
    "Anger is motivation without purpose." - Master Yi

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    Young
    Eurypterid for Imperium and Eurypterus for Keepers, cause they are very terrible scorpionlike creatures with height up to 2.5 meters

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    error
    Imperium: Arsenic
    Reason: After discovering the Arsenic for the first time, it was named after its bodily fluids and saliva which mostly consists of poison. ( Arsenic being a poisonous metalloid used in things such as insecticide, which involves science, which the Imperium is best at. )

Keepers: Toxintail
    Reason: After the Keepers had found the Toxintail, they named it after the way it drooled poison and it commonly fell onto its tail. They often pondered what it would be like for it to paint with such a medium of poison, but as they thought on, it could easily use its tail as a weapon in war or said painting tool.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    Krimshaw because it Carves Foes apart with it claw and bone.(Keepers)

Velociripper Because it moves fast and Rips foes apart. (Imperium)
    Last edited by Oneman728; 02-04-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    GER
    Udo the spider

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    error
    Skygar for imperius
    AnSkarg for adornia

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -

Names

Keepers: Deflier, because everthing around him has the subliminal needs for malicious deeds amplified.

Imperium: Deviant, because this one can only be restrained by his own accordance.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    My idea for this monster's name..

For Keepers:
    Scorbee : "Scor-" from Scorpion and "Bee" last of all Scorbee.

For Imperium:
    Scornet : "Scor-" from Scorpion and "-net" form Hornet last of all Scornet.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed View Post
    Countless mysteries are hidden in the Primezone. Lost artifacts of the Old Empire, Lafort ruins, filled with palaces and libraries, have kept ancient knowledge locked away for ages. This land is brimming with dangerous and wild creatures, born of Prime and ready for battle. Soon the Primezone is going to present us with new creatures of unsurpassed brutality. The question is: Is the world ready for them? Will children be able to sleep after seeing one of these monsters?

Dokht Imperium -
    Even though prime connects objects and organisms by the already over studied link, most of the animals and beasts that already had connections to the prime were unknown to everyone (mostly because most of those creatures killed whoever approached them) the new handling of prime brought upon itself the emergence of new creatures that could hide their prime signature from other hostile organisms with the means of survival. Of course.. no one believed me when I told them such a creature existed..

I named it Ferios for the way it smites its pray, and the way it moves as if it's just killing the very soil. This needs further study.. it's evident the effects are still changing the landscape and now.. creatures that evolved to handle prime directly and morph it to create what could be the next way of causing prime poisoning are appearing.

Being a devoted scientists I couldn't just leave a sample behind, specially one as rare as this... I took an egg. Still showing it's prime signature. If these creatures happen to act on rationalization instead of instinct they would serve as a great addition to our knowledge of how prime works and how we can control it even further.

(to the point of making it... apparently invisible to any hostile organism).

LM ~Primologist

====================--

Keepers of Adornia - Suddenly the swamp was uneasy when I found this little guy. He was trying to kill a bird with his claws. It was pretty obvious he was out of place though. I've never seen a creature such as this one before, and I couldn't get any information about it either. I got this scar on my back from one of it's claws while carrying it over here, it kinda burned me but it's alright. Apparently if you give it an apple it just sits there like a dog. I brought it over since he just seems friendly enough and I'm bored as heck. Hey.. He shoots venom and kinds of hate my enemies anyway right? I don't know where it came from or why it was in the swamps, but for now this little guy will be my next companion in the battlefield.

I'll name you Kaedo.. you're just a little murderer demon thing.

ER - Demonologist

hope you guys like it lol

The TLDR names:
    Ferios for the Imperium
    Kaedo for the Keepers

Both names derive from the translated word "Kill" to latin with slight variations for sweetness. Ferio for kill, Caedo for murder.

Stranger
    Marduhk for Keepers of Adornia

Skargh for Dokht Imperium

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    Nestler for Imperium because something that ugly most lay a nest
    Slymex for Keepers because the sly devil is covered in slime