Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Lightning Master/Storm Thrower in Intellect

Faction
    The Imperium

Lightning Master/Storm Thrower in Intellect

The lightning master\ storm thrower in Intellect

Name:  8_2.png
Views: 2134
Size:  21.6 KBName:  8_1.png
Views: 2133
Size:  21.7 KB

Intro:

First of all, I want to say that the build in Int. is quite different from the build in strength. It totally changes the manner of playing this hero. It changes him into the fighter who is useful during all the stages of game.

Pros:

• a huge lightning bolt and auto-attack damage
    • you should not worry about chain lightning stacks for your thunderclap
    • this build is more useful in premade and high-rating game
    • having lots of fun playing this hero in Int.

Cons:
    • different and more difficult mechanic of playing than the Str. variant
    • this build requires high level of power and lots of rare talents

Talents and Build:

Here I will give you two types of build. The first is with set talents, the second – without.

Spoiler Text

Spoiler Text

You may ask me why I threw the second upgrade of thunderclap out. Everything is clear. We do not have enough strength to make serious damage with the thunderclap. It is not useful for us. It only spends our stacks which may be helpful for our auto-attack. We use a thunderclap to control our enemy – to give silence and reduce movement speed.

There are a number of talents which are extremely useful for us:

Inflow of prime Name:  _028.png
Views: 2125
Size:  10.5 KB. I think everyone understand all the significance of this talent in every build.

Earths grasp Name:  _051.png
Views: 2124
Size:  9.5 KB. More control – more chances to kill our opponent.

Icy power Name:  _071.png
Views: 2119
Size:  11.7 KB. Reduce the movement speed of enemy by 20% is an undeniable advantage

Collapse of defense Name:  _172.png
Views: 2118
Size:  10.3 KB. This talent is necessity for us because we damage with auto-attack.

Also, it should be said that we have to get as much intellect as we can, so such talents as Unlocked potential, Unlimited potential, Magic assault, Secret Intellect etc. are also necessary for us.

Then, you should think about your penetration. It is very important in mid\late game. Lots of Intellect without penetration is a waste of prime. So we should have some talents on Cunning. In helps us to up our penetration and critical hit.

The lightning master\ storm thrower has the least health points than the other heroes. So, the next problem - we should have enough HP to survive in fights. As you can see in my build, there are a few talents on HP. I could set more HP talents but there was a problem of choice. The more HP the less damage and vice versa. I tried to find the middle ground.

We can also use immortal set to increase our survival:

Name:  _297.png
Views: 2115
Size:  13.5 KBName:  _301.png
Size:  12.1 KBName:  _307.png
Size:  13.3 KBName:  _317.png
Views: 2118
Size:  12.0 KB

The game

Well, it is very important for us to get a solo-line. Our hero dominates almost over every other hero. So, when we have a solo-line we should raise the third flag to get the mass damage from lightning bolt. Then, everything is simple up to the middle game – kill packs of creeps, don’t forget about lasthit. It gives you double prime. Also you can clear the jungle. It is very easy with the native land and stacks of lightning bolts. You should earn as much prime as you can. It is a key of success.

Closer to the mid game you have a good damage and you can help your allies to kill enemies or do it solo. Do not forget about your ultimate. In helps control the map, kill enemies with low HP and give silence for every enemy on native land.

In the late game you are the god of thunder. You have a colossal damage, very good control. Enemies run in fear from your. But do not forget that you are still defenseless. Try to be out of the center of fight. Our aim is to harm our enemies and survive. Unfortunately, in this situation your enemies are likely to surrender.

Conclusion

Well, here I have tried to introduce my build of the lightning master\storm thrower, some useful tactics, and pieces of advice. It is my first guide and I will not be offended if you point out my mistakes. And of course, I will be glad to answer all your questions.

P.S. I am just learning English, so I will be glad if you point out my grammar mistakes too. But please, write PM .

Vagrant
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    2ez
    1. You MUST not throw the 2nd upgrade for throwhammer out. Being full Int, it still does ALOT of burst damage.

Faction
    The Imperium
    As for me, 40sec cooldown is not good idea. I repeat, here throwhammer uses for control, not for damage.

Vagrant
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    2ez
    At first it seems very effective, to remove the thunderclap, but practice still shows, that having that upgrade helps laning phase ALOT. It can destroy opponents, or atleast take 50-70% down.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Anyway, it is only my opinion. I think, there are more useful talents instead of 2nd upgrade. And I'd like to say that our general damage is aa and ligntning bolt.

6.   Click here to go to the previous staff post in this thread. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #6
    Nival Team
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    ISOM
    This guide pleases me.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    xoxo
    The problem with the second upgrade for the Hammer is that it removes all of your Lightning Charges, which is what helps you become an AoE auto attack carry, and therefore I think you should not have it.
    ~ Som en orkan kan jag svepa bort dig, men jag tänker aldrig dö nej ~

Faction
    The Imperium
    That is what I really wanted to explain

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    2Hard
    Everyone who plays INT LM will agree with you Dream. People are too used to see LM as an assassin, and many don't really understand the strength of the build you suggested! Really nice guide!

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Btw, i see some people using Debilitating Magic on the second row, you think it's a viable option to replace breath of life/regeneration?

Faction
    The Imperium
    Thank you, Kay
    As for Breath of life, it makes me feel comfortable at the lining part, because LM has the least healt regeneration and it is not good idea to buy pots or go to fontain every 2 minutes.
    Also, there are some players who use this set (How is its name in English?) Name:  _296.png
Views: 2067
Size:  12.0 KBName:  _302.png
Views: 2067
Size:  8.9 KBName:  _308.png
Views: 2063
Size:  13.2 KB
    I think it is quite profitable for LM, so you can fill the second row with the talent of this set. Actually, there are a lot of other variants

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    2Hard
    Dark Message.

I don't have many talents left, and oranges are disabled, sooo this is how my LM looks like atm!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PW-AP9.8.6-0.12.177.24344-20-08-2013-13-22-14.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	110305

12.   Click here to go to the previous staff post in this thread. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #12
    Nival Team
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    ISOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Dark Message.

I don't have many talents left, and oranges are disabled, sooo this is how my LM looks like atm!

Name:	PW-AP9.8.6-0.12.177.24344-20-08-2013-13-22-14.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	110305
    Nice Cunning Talent on Tier 1. I went with that as well over the suggest Intellect talent.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Nice build, but Icy Power would be very useful. Also, set stacking cunning taletn in tier 4.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    error

Name:	LM_SKILLS.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	110608

This is my LM build atm. I know I got some talents, which still remain from my STR build, but I just don't have anything good atm to replace them :s
    Also what are your thoughts about agility in this build?

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    xoxo
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrododo View Post

Name:	LM_SKILLS.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	110608

This is my LM build atm. I know I got some talents, which still remain from my STR build, but I just don't have anything good atm to replace them :s
    Also what are your thoughts about agility in this build?
    Cunning > Agility on LM since you get slightly more penetration from it.
    ~ Som en orkan kan jag svepa bort dig, men jag tänker aldrig dö nej ~

16.   Click here to go to the previous staff post in this thread. This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Nival Team
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    ISOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike View Post
    Cunning > Agility on LM since you get slightly more penetration from it.
    Seconded.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    I don't know if Storm int is still good cause he lost his main Int stat bonus, so ... ?
    Streams : http://fr.twitch.tv/popoie
    Video PW on youtube : https://www.youtube.com/user/PhantasmicArrow/videos

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Would a pure cunning Storm Thrower be good? Maybe with some HP talents? That way he could hit like a truck with all of his talents, although individual talents would hit for less.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    ISOM
    You'd have to be nuts going full cunning unless you're a Bard/Muse, without Int or Str what's all the penetration for? You'd still do little damage regardless of ignoring defenses, just my 2 cents. o3o

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by KitsuFox View Post
    You'd have to be nuts going full cunning unless you're a Bard/Muse, without Int or Str what's all the penetration for? You'd still do little damage regardless of ignoring defenses, just my 2 cents. o3o
    Oh, I read a post on the forum about someone going cunning since their ST scales with both str and int. Or maybe I heard it on world, I forgot which.