Thread: New Player FAQ/Guides (Ask Questions Here!)

Nival Team
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    ISOM

New Player FAQ/Guides (Ask Questions Here!)

If you're looking for more information about the game, you've come to the right place! If you don't find the information you're looking for, check out the official Prime World wiki or ask us a question in the comments below!

How do I start a game?

At the top of the screen, you will see a small interface with four buttons. To select a game mode, press the large button in the center. This will allow you to see what game modes are currently available for you to play. Next, if you would like to play against the A.I., hit the smaller button on the right-hand side that looks like a computer monitor. You will know you are going to play against the A.I. if the button is green. If it’s blue, you will be queued up into a match against other real-life players. To begin the match, press the Fight button!

How can I play the different game modes?

Borderlands and Challenge are available 24 hours a day, while our other game modes (Dragonwald, Outpost, Native Land, Apocalypse, Switcheroo) are on a one-hour rotation schedule. You can see the current schedule here. This rotation may change as more people play Prime World.

How do I build this hero?

Each hero has suggested statistics listed in their hero sheet marked with a green checkmark. These are the stats that are most important for that hero. You are free to experiment with other stats; the choice is yours. For more in-depth guides from the community on any particular hero, visit our Guides And Tactics section.

What do I use the resources for?

Food: Used for building/upgrading structures.

Lumber/Silk: Used for building/upgrading structures and operating Silver gathering tasks.

Ore/Sap: Used for building/upgrading structures and operating Prime Crystal gathering tasks.

Silver: Used for hiring new heroes, recovering heroes' vigor, building clan house/creating a new clan, building decorations, operating resource gathering tasks and crafting talents.

Prime Crystals: Used for building/upgrading structures and upgrading/crafting talents.

Gold: Used for buying skins, heroes and Golden Age.

How do I get more Silver/Prime Crystals?

There are many ways to earn Silver. Buildings that boost your population will produce Silver every 24 hours. The better the building (Manors/Mansions will produce more than Cabins/Bungalows) and the higher its level, the more Silver it will produce. Finishing a battle without leaving will reward you with Silver, resources and occasionally Prime Crystals, and winning that battle grants greater rewards. You can convert wood/silk into Silver using the Manufactory/Weaving Shop. Any unwanted talents can also be sold at a small price if you require a little extra.

You can produce more Prime Crystals by building multiple Prime Distillers/Pearl Farms. You can build up to three of these buildings. Upgrade the buildings to produce more Prime Crystals during a cycle. You can also earn more Prime Crystals by winning matches and joining a clan.

How do you defeat the First Strike challenge?

We’ve created a video demonstrating how to beat the First Strike challenge using a base hero with the talents provided from the tutorial.

The First Strike challenge requires you to maintain your towers, collect glyphs to make your hero stronger and most importantly, recruit other A.I. through small mini-quests to help you. The challenge is completed easiest by heroes that have pets or are able to take a bit more damage such as the Jaeger/Wolf Dancer.

What is that Damage stat, and what do the Sword and Blue symbols next to it mean?

The Damage stat shows how powerful a hero’s normal attacks are. There are two types of attacks: abilities (activated by using the hotbar; hover over the ability icon to see how much damage it does) and normal attacks (also called auto-attacks; these are the attacks performed when you click on an enemy).

There are two different types of damage: Physical (represented by the Sword) and Magical (the Blue icon). Physical damage is increased by the Strength stat, and Magical damage is increased by the Intellect stat. These two types of damage apply to both abilities and normal attacks. Some heroes have Magical auto-attacks and Physical abilities (such as the Lightning Master/Storm Thrower), so putting stats purely into your Intellect stat will make your auto-attacks strong but your abilities weak.

How do I join a clan/What do they do?

Check out this section of the forums to see who is recruiting! You might even find people in game that are seeking more clanmates. Clans are a great way to make friends, form groups and earn extra resources and bonuses

You will need to get in contact with the clan leader or councillors for a clan invitation. Some clans have different requirements, but they are all player ran, so keep looking around for one which suits you.

Clans can be leveled up just like heroes, buildings and talents. When leveling up a clan, players can earn extra resources, Prime Crystals, vigor regeneration and hero stats.

How do I form a group?

You can right-click a person’s name in the chat or friends list and click “Add to Group.”

What level do I unlock more friend slots in production buildings?

Typically at levels 5, 12, 21 and 30. You can check this thread for detailed info.

How do I unlock more land?

At the moment, you can only expand your land once, very early in the quest line. We are considering the possibility of adding more land expansions in the future.

What hero should I use?

That is totally up to you. You can pick a hero based on your playstyle or simply based on looks. You can check the Guides section of the forum for more advice on how to play a specific hero after you choose one.

Are the heroes unlocked at a higher level better?

Not necessarily. Heroes are unlocked gradually and not all at once to give you a sense of progression. Generally, the more expensive heroes are expensive because they are new. As more heroes are added to the game, the currently expensive heroes will become cheaper.

What is GA (Golden Age)?

It’s an optional temporary upgrade that affects your progression speed but not your power in battles. It will give you double xp and resources, one extra talent at the end of a battle and replaces any yellow talents you’d have gotten with at least green ones. It can be only bought with real money, not in game currency.

Will the faction-exclusive heroes ever be released to the other faction?

There are no plans to do that.

Who are the administrators? How can they help me?

The red names on the forum are Nival employees, and the green names are forum moderators. If you have an issue, you can ask one of them.

[name] is a bot! What do I do?

You can send a report here. We are working on a report system. We hope to have this in our game soon.

People keep asking me to ‘zuma’ or ‘mini. What is that?

They are talking about the Scroll Workshop minigame. You can play the Scroll minigame during a Borderlands match by walking up to the Scroll Workshop and clicking on it. During the minigame, you can earn Prime (equal to that of a Jungler) and create scrolls that you can send out to your teammates. These scrolls can turn the tide of a battle, so do not underestimate your minigame player!

Will there be more heroes released in the future? How about talents? Skins?

New heroes, talents and skins will be released in future patches.

What do the stars next to each talent mean?

You can level up a talent by spending other talents and crystals in order to do so. Leveling up a talent will make it stronger. The star dictates the level of the talent, which can go up to 5 (temporarily up to 3 only).

How do I upgrade talents?

Select the Upgrade Talent option while viewing your hero’s talents, and then choose the talent you would like to upgrade. Putting two of the same talent together will automatically increase the talent’s level by 1. You can use any unneeded talents to upgrade a desired talent.

Why do I have so many different levels? Castle, hero, in-game levels, what do they mean?

Castle levels unlocks new features, buildings and heroes to buy. Hero levels permanently make a hero stronger. In-game levels are not permanent; it’s only your progression for the current game session.

Help! I accidentally used a talent on someone I didn’t mean to. What should I do?

You can re-assign a talent by clicking the re-assign button in the talent screen. It will cost you either silver (for yellow, green and blue talents) or gold (for purple and orange talents).

I transferred faction. Why does my hero not have any class talents?

After a faction change it may take a couple of minutes for everything to update. This is apparent with the Inventor/Artiste and Doctrine/Demonologist faction specific classes. All of your prior talents will be unbound from these heroes, they will all be replaced into your library and the class specific talents will be reassigned shortly.

I like to talk to my teammates. Are there any official voice chats I can use?

You are welcome to use whatever programs you may find. If you are looking for other Nobles, you can find them on our official group Prime World RaidCall group! The group’s name is Prime World EN, and the ID # is 9876. Here is a convenient link!

Will ‘this’ ever be added? Where can I suggest for this to happen?

If you have a suggestion or new idea that you would like to see added into Prime World, feel free to sign up on the forums and head on over to our Feedback and Suggestions page! This could be ideas for new skins, new features, or your thoughts on how the game is developing.

How much space do each of the buildings take up?

Buildings occupy 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6 or 8x8 squares. There is a castle planner available for you to try out and play around with your castle before setting anything down!

What is the maximum upgrade level for each of the buildings?

It varies from building to building, but generally in the 25-40 range.

I saw someone whose name was a different color. What does that mean?

Your character’s name color represents your Power Level. Power Level is a combined rarity of all of your talents. As you add more rare talents to your hero, your Power Level will increase. The current Power Levels are Yellow (>1200), Green (1200-1399), Blue (1400-1599), Purple (1600-1799) and Orange (1800+). Your Power Level affects the natural stat gains your hero receives in battle for each level they gain.

You can view your current Power Level on the Talents screen of your hero.

How does matchmaking work?

We don't release the details of our algorithm, but we can explain a bit more about the process a player goes through in the queue.

When a player enters the queue you have to imagine it like a points on a line. They begin to search for other players that are very close to their matchmaking rating. After about 30 seconds, their search range begins to widen, but not by much. When the range widens the players rating is considered a bit more and a bit less than it really is so they are able to be matched quicker.

If a player manages to wait 15 minutes in the queue they are placed into a priority position and the server will start to somewhat disregard their rating a bit in hopes of placing them into a match. This is called the Soft Cap.

If a player reaches 20 minutes in the queue their rating is entirely disregarded and they will be put into a match as soon as possible.

Players who are new to the game are queued into their own pool of players where the matchmaking rules do not apply. Players who have not won 10 games will only play against others who have not won 10 games and they will see duplicate heroes in matches since the amount of heroes you have to choose from is lower as a new player.

The last part is about groups and premades. When grouping with 2 or more people, both or all players are matched to the highest rating player in the group. Additionally, more rating is added on top of that as the group is considered more skilled. For a group of 5 players the additional rating added is +150, 4 players +100, and so on, so forth.

So for example, your team looks like this: 1200, 1356, 1293, 1900, 1659, the whole team is queued as 2050 rating. With all other things in consideration, if this group somehow manages to hit 20 minutes into the queue, they will be considered any rating.

All of this may seem a bit unfair, but there is a simple way to make it all work better. Player population. As it is, we want people to get into fair games. The server wants players to get into fair games, but we always want people to at least play, and thats how it all works.

Why does my resting cost increase?

As your heroes level increase, so does their cost to rest. This is to encourage the use of many heroes instead of just one all the time.

How do I activate Golden Age?

In the top-right of the Castle interface, you will see a green horn. Clicking that will open the “Offers” menu. In there, you are able to purchase Golden Age in 3-, 7- and 30-day periods.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official Prime World Guides

MOBA Guides

Map Guides

Castle Guides

Other Guides

For Hero guides, check out the Guides and Tactics section.

Is there something you'd like to know that wasn't posted here? Ask away!

Nival Team
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    ISOM
    We've added a New Player FAQ. This thread is now open for any new player questions you may have.

A special thanks to Blood Lust, TSteel, Crazed, TitoDaddy and Tsuda for their help with the initial FAQ!

Vagrant
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    IEC
    If anyone has any questions, concerns or comments, feel free to PM one of us, we are happy to help!

Faction
    The Keepers
    heyhow i have a question i have friends in the other fraction and i will play with them how can i do thad ??

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by circo View Post
    heyhow i have a question i have friends in the other fraction and i will play with them how can i do thad ??
    You are only able to group with players within your own faction.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    TSU
    Does a players average rating impact matchmaking?

Context:
    I noticed in the clan house that it includes an average rating. Is this considered a players overall rating for when matchmaker is extending its availability for player. If it does that would mean that you could focus on one hero and then just buy others unplayed to sink the average rating. thus resulting in favorable matches.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by TzaGear View Post
    Does a players average rating impact matchmaking?

Context:
    I noticed in the clan house that it includes an average rating. Is this considered a players overall rating for when matchmaker is extending its availability for player. If it does that would mean that you could focus on one hero and then just buy others unplayed to sink the average rating. thus resulting in favorable matches.
    Avg Rating in your clan is just for calculating the Clan Rating. Also, it's not ACTUALLY your avg rating. Rather just the avg of the ratings you've played since being in that clan. It stretches over 28 days. MM doesn't count for this avg rating at all.

MM works off the rating of the hero you are currently playing. If you're playing in a group, it uses the highest rating among the group members. Then adds additional rating for the number of players in the group. 150+ for 5, 100+ for 4, etc.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    TSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Inpen View Post
    Avg Rating in your clan is just for calculating the Clan Rating. Also, it's not ACTUALLY your avg rating. Rather just the avg of the ratings you've played since being in that clan. It stretches over 28 days. MM doesn't count for this avg rating at all.

MM works off the rating of the hero you are currently playing. If you're playing in a group, it uses the highest rating among the group members. Then adds additional rating for the number of players in the group. 150+ for 5, 100+ for 4, etc.
    Thank you. Very informative.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Your average rating also affects the rating your new heroes start at.
    If you climbed up, when you buy a new hero, he won't be at 1100.
    In loving memory of the pre-merge months:

Stranger

hero movement

I left click where I want the hero to go but hero doesnt go to green cross sometimes goes backwards or doesnt move?

Nival Team
    Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    ISOM
    Quote Originally Posted by #user86387797 View Post
    I left click where I want the hero to go but hero doesnt go to green cross sometimes goes backwards or doesnt move?
    What's your ping?

Stranger
    PING 72.106.13.190 (72.106.13.190): 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=0 ttl=45 time=147.556 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=1 ttl=45 time=295.780 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=2 ttl=45 time=247.146 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=3 ttl=45 time=215.001 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=4 ttl=45 time=167.368 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=5 ttl=45 time=146.728 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=6 ttl=45 time=407.185 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=7 ttl=45 time=147.187 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=8 ttl=45 time=335.149 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=9 ttl=45 time=147.106 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=10 ttl=45 time=247.121 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=11 ttl=45 time=206.481 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=12 ttl=45 time=166.853 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=13 ttl=45 time=446.559 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=14 ttl=45 time=406.462 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=15 ttl=45 time=366.101 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=16 ttl=45 time=326.957 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=17 ttl=45 time=286.323 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=18 ttl=45 time=246.188 ms
    64 bytes from 72.106.13.190: icmp_seq=19 ttl=45 time=205.789 ms

--- 72.106.13.190 ping statistics ---
    20 packets transmitted, 20 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
    round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 146.728/258.052/446.559/94.275 ms

Faction
    The Imperium
    hi there,here is my question why cant I get experienc for my character? doing the First Strike challenge again and again and nothing happen...why? please help me.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    VtW
    I have the same issue... =(

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Caslin View Post
    hi there,here is my question why cant I get experienc for my character? doing the First Strike challenge again and again and nothing happen...why? please help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by coreskywalker View Post
    I have the same issue... =(
    Hey guys, there was an issue early with the servers. Refer to this thread:

http://en.playpw.com/forum/showthrea...44#post2201044

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    The
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	неверное имя.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	111131
    Why? Do me a favor! I want to play under his own name, you do not like cookies? racism!
    Last edited by Cracker; 10-25-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Stranger
    Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    I am on the 2nd part of the tutorial and think I accidentally sold the talent master lee gave me to assign to a hero. I have 135 silver. I can unassign a talent and reassign it to get the quest complete dialog but then it just starts over. I think it wants me to assign the talent it gave me but it's gone

What can I do?

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    You can also watch my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFjWSw8AxbU and see the game for yourself especially the new patch

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -
    i want purchase gold via INDOMOG wallet, anyone can give me tutorial doing that! like pic or video ect

Stranger
    Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -McG-
    So the new reforging possiblities seem nice and all, but if you reforge an upgraded talent, does the new talent have the same upgrade level or equally much talents used on it to upgrade, or does it just lose the upgrading?

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkantos1 View Post
    So the new reforging possiblities seem nice and all, but if you reforge an upgraded talent, does the new talent have the same upgrade level or equally much talents used on it to upgrade, or does it just lose the upgrading?
    New talent is always lvl1 (no upgrades)

Stranger
    you will be queued up into a match against other real-life players.
    sbobet login

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    Quote Originally Posted by #user76043248 View Post
    you will be queued up into a match against other real-life players.
    sbobet login
    no shit, you serious?

thanks for teaching me how to hide text bot!

I feel like these bots are controlled by humans... how else can they figure out what color to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by #Daisynoob
    .... High ranked are so boring because everything is so easy...
    Quote Originally Posted by #raynoob
    playing keeper was like running through a mine field... with clown shoes

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by AbysmalLegend View Post
    no shit, you serious?

thanks for teaching me how to hide text bot!

I feel like these bots are controlled by humans... how else can they figure out what color to use?
    He copied what has been written by Iamision.. yes they are surely controlled by human spammers..

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    BRAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_monster View Post
    He copied what has been written by Iamision.. yes they are surely controlled by human spammers..
    but why ?

the forum is.... dead
    if you are a spammer, wouldnt you want to spam an active forum ?

it makes no sense spamming the EN pw forum with anything
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum spamer ever
    good riddance, at last we can spam, how easy it is to get reds and how balanced the heroes will be, in peace

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by raythr View Post
    but why ?

the forum is.... dead
    if you are a spammer, wouldnt you want to spam an active forum ?

it makes no sense spamming the EN pw forum with anything
    because we have no mods

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    BRAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_monster View Post
    because we have no mods
    and also no visitors or viewers
    good riddance, at last we can spam, how easy it is to get reds and how balanced the heroes will be, in peace

I bought gold but does anyone know why it's on the website and not in-game? I'm a newbie.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    BRAIN
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterThorson View Post
    I bought gold but does anyone know why it's on the website and not in-game? I'm a newbie.
    why what is on the website and not ingame ?
    buying gold ?
    dunno, i always bought my gold in game with steam

does it even matter ?

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -ALL-
    Peter, chances are you may have loaded the game from ARC (or another provider, like Steam) and then created an account here (on en.playpw.com) using your Email or Facebook link (guessing Facebook from your pic). If so, PW currently sees those as two different accounts.

Send PW Support a ticket explaining where/how you created your actual 'game-playing' account, as well as the email and in-game nickname of that account, and ask Support to transfer the game gold from your 'here' (forum) account, to your in-game account.

Perhaps it's a different issue for you, but that's what worked for me.

Good luck!

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    Snus
    You get 1 guaranteed orange talent for the first win of the day and a small chance to find them after you win/lose a battle in the borderlands gamemode.
    You get 1 red talent from reforging 3 orange talents + spending 10 red crystals in the talent forge. You can repeat the procedure unlimited times, given that you have the necessary resources for it.

Regarding sets, to activate sets you need to activate all talents of the specific set during the course of a game to unlock the active/passive effect of it. Some red sets gives you an active/passive effect from just 1 talent, but can be upgraded with additional effects once you activate the set talents during the course of the game.

How do you get red crystals then? As it is now you can find red crystals in the building called "the fair" or you can get them from completing the daily quests that rewards you with them.

Faction
    The Imperium
    Clan
    -McG-
    these are "set" talents, most of orange active ones can be active byself like continuum etc, and have others talents make some changes on "set property logic", also same as red ones, there is a number at talent 0/4 0/5 which shows requirements. you need that amount of talent on same hero to able to use set property and in game, set property comes when you learn talents only, you can have, but you also must get them in game to become active.

you can check this for red talents : http://en.playpw.com/index/news/item...alent-set.html

http://boi.pw/calculator/heroes.php

also wiki page, pwmad.com, etc

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -
    how do u unlock an orange or a red talent. there are some talents which contain passive abilities. it becomes active or unlocked when the gathering of this requirements like blind seer, indomitable rejoicing, fatal passion, unstable defense are achieved. My question is, how do u acquire all this in order to activated this talents

*You can find the answer to your question above.
    Last edited by Sasha_Sasha; 05-04-2016 at 11:48 AM.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    Хаос
    Cunning work also on talents or only on basic attacks? There are not description about how work the Critical strike in the hero characteristics....

Because I'm curious about why the Nymph in the fame have a great Cunning value :s .

EDIT: Thanks Cap'tain!
    Last edited by BatfIy; 02-02-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -McG-
    Cunning not only increases your critical chance hit on your basic attacks, but also increases your penetration , so you deal more true damage

Stranger
    Faction
    The Keepers
    Clan
    -

How do I use legendary crystals?

I haven't played this game for a while now. Before I stopped playing, there wasn't such thing as legendary crystals. I read somewhere that I can use the legendary crystals in the talent garden to get legendary talents, but I can't figure out how. Can someone please explain.