Winter Revolution: Phase 2 - Red Storm is scheduled to hit on February 6th. This is the moment you've been waiting for: the big matchmaking fix and gold giveaway! Please remain in your homes in front of your computers until the weather improves. Get ready for the storm!
That's right, low queue times and vast riches are right around the corner! However, this will also mark the end of Phase 1 - Talent Disco, so farm those talents now before it's too late.
To recap, on February 6th, this happens:
- Server Merge
- Talent Disco ends
- 3000g for every player ($100 value)
- Patch v9.13 (updated battlefield map, new talents, new skins, Kiton boss, clan bank)
The battlefield beckons you. Nobles: Let's answer it's call together!
Server Merge FAQ:
As you know, this phase represents a new era for Prime World - both our English and Russian players will now be able to play against each other, creating lower queue times and more matches. Check out our detailed Server Merge FAQ below for all the juicy details!
How will the new matchmaking work?
By default every time a US/EU player attempts to find a match, the opposing team will consist of players from the RU server. The algorithm will try to form a team of all US/EU players, but if it fails to do so, it may add a RU player or two to this team to quickly fill the final spots. This will only occur after 5-10 minutes in the queue, worst case 20 minutes. The algorithm really wants US/EU players to play together.
Because matchmaking on the RU server is rank-based, both teams will be composed from the players of the same rank, unless there is a premade group.
In every case where there is a US/EU team vs RU team battle, the match will be held on the US-based server.
Over time this scheme will be improved to a point where US/EU teams will always consist of US/EU players and it would be possible for both teams fighting to be from the US/EU regions.
How about Castle chat?
US/EU players will have their own Castle chat, separated from RU players.
What about leaderboards?
We plan to expand upon our leaderboards adding more functionality and information. At this time we have no more details, but after the merge they will continue to work as previously intended.
What will happen if I have accounts on both EN and RU servers?
If you have account on both server that are registered on the same e-mail, facebook profile, steam profile etc, the account with the higher Lord level will remain, the other one will be erased. If their lord levels are equal, the one with the older registration date will remain. This will happen only if you use at least one identical authorization across both accounts.
Here are some examples of how accounts will be handled:
- You have a RU account Lord level 1 and US/EU account Lord level 30. You connect via e-mail and use the same e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for both. After the merge you will have your US/EU account remain, your RU account will be erased.
- You have RU account Lord level 30 and US/EU account Lord level 1. You connect via e-mail and use the same e-mail email@example.com for both. After the merge you will have your RU account remain, your US/EU account will be erased.
- You have RU account any Lord level and US/EU any Lord level. You use only email firstname.lastname@example.org for RU and Facebook profile + Steam profile for US. After the merge you will have both accounts available.
- You have RU account Lord level 1 and US/EU account Lord level 30. You use email email@example.com and your original Facebook profile "John Smoth" with Facebook id 0000000001 for RU and a different e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org + your original Facebook profile "John Smith" with Facebook id 0000000001. After the merge you will have your US/EU account remain and your RU account erased. (Same Facebook login, different emails, the account with the higher Lord level remains).
If one of your accounts is going to be erased due to the merge, you may ask our support service to move one of your accounts on to a new one. You should do this within a week after the merge is done, otherwise we may not be able to help you. Please note that having multiple accounts to acquire in-game advantage over other players or to exploit of any kind is against the rules, so we would require an explanation to why both accounts should be kept. We will also need full details about both accounts. Additional instructions will be provided by support specialist.
What will happen if my US/EU nickname is already taken on the RU server?
The newer account will have its name changed to old_nickname001 and get a free rename.
What will happen if my US/EU clan name is already taken on the RU server?
The newer clan will have its name changed to old_name001 and get a free rename (please contact support service for help).
What will happen if my US/EU short clan name (abbreviation) is already taken on the RU server?
The newer clan will have its short name changed to old_name01 and get a free rename (please contact support service for help)
Did you miss the original Winter Revolution post and want to find out about all the cool stuff (and gold giveaways) we’re doing? Have no fear! Head over to our Winter Revolution post for all the details. Next up will be our $38,000,000 gold giveaway, patch, and server merge in early February. PREPARE FOR BATTLE.
Good luck Nobles!
Check our Facebook Post and comment on it for a chance at winning the purple talent Flowing Fury IV!